Sunday, October 26, 2008

more in my mixed up life....

I thought I might take the day off today from swearing.... but then I called to check on Mike that is never good.
... some of you I told that he was given the choice to carve pumpkins as rec therapy on Sat
do you think that its a good idea to give knives to someone who chooses to cut/carve on this hands, and is suicidual? Just asking
... today there were NO groups, nothing for him to do but sleep, smoke and watch TV. that is great when you are locked in a hospital and depressed. REAL great.
... here is where the swearing happens. I called to speak to him nurse. She told me she wouldn't talk to me, I could talk to Mike. I already did that and that is why I am calling. I wanted to know a general answer to a question. It was "what groups were offered to patients today" she told me she didn't work and she didn't know. I asked her to check that chart and tell me. She told me to call back and speak to the charge. I told her there was someone else I could talk too, she said no.
She interupted me, was disrespectful and wouldn't answer any questions. She told me to call back or talk to Mike. I wanted to know that my suicidual husband was safe and getting the help he needed, instead I was treated like I was an idiot. Oh for the love of anything that is good.... that lady is going to regret speaking to him like that and in that tone. Can you believe she wouldn't take time to tlak to me, she wouldn't tell me what they did today or even offer to reassure me that he was okay..... I will be speaking with her boss tomorrow and the director and my director. There will be answers. I mean it.

I thought this hospital was going to be different, I think someting is going wrong. you know?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

argh... how frustrating... and I agree about the whole carving pumpkins idea... ITS ABSURD!! Hopefully you will be able to talk to someone with more compassion next time.