Thursday, October 30, 2008

finally!

I am so excited
I have a medical professional that I don't think should be on fire. Its a great thing
Savanny went to an amazing doctor today in Pullman. He is an orthopedic who specializes in athletes. He spent over an hour with her, had her do some ballet and really talked to her and listend. He didn't talk down to her, he didn't assume, he didn't automatically recommend surgical intervention. I am very relieved and very thankful. My mom said that he is a good person (I know this doesn't matter but right now I take character very seriously) She is going to have an MRI and see him next week. There is a possibility its her hip but more likely its her back. He is looking at L1, L2 and there is already... Scoliosis; is a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side, and may also be rotated. There is a pars defect at L5, but its likely from an earlier injury. (its a stress fracture)
finally good news ~ that feels good

2 comments:

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

I'm glad FINALLY there is someone in medical field that made you smile, even if's it a tiny bit...

Polly said...

Hey there friend! I finally made it back to your site after some craziness on my computer.

So, what's up with Miss Savan? I didn't even know she was having hip/back probs!

Let me know how I can help you my friend.

I must admit, I did laugh out loud at the thought that an option for psych patients who are suicidal and are prone to cut themselves would be of all things - PUMPKIN CARVING!
HELLO? Is everyone taking a stupid pill in Orofino today?